2.3.2 Configure script
uses GNU Autoconf configure script to setup build conditions.
It is placed in the build directory.
Generated script is in the file configure (which should be always
present in distributed sources), its Autoconf source code is in configure.in.
- The files config.h (with Autoconf source config.h.in)
and types.h (Autoconf source types.h.in) are intended
to be included by main VRR
- The file makeconfig (source makeconfig.in)
is included by root Makefile as a build configuration.
- The file path.h is there to allow project modules
to include the installation path string.
Currently, these checks are implemented in configure.in:
- Library availability and check for the required version.
See External programs for the list of required and optional libraries.
- Computer endianity test.
- Compiler and some of the auxiliary tools check.
- C language data types size detection. The detected types are written into types.h.
Don't forget to change VRR
version in configure.in and to rebuild
configure script by Autoconf with every new release.